|HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY!
Fly your flag proudly and take time to remember those
who have served to protect our freedoms!
|We're open all weekend and until 5 pm on Monday
Come in for flowers & plants to dress up your yard for holiday parties & cookouts!
|New Patriotic Yard Art and Lush Plants are Here
Decorate your outdoor spaces with red, white and blue flags, birdhouses, planters, and signs from our Gift Shop, then add some fresh plants and flowers and you are all set for entertaining from Memorial Day through the 4th of July and beyond!
Here are some of the beautiful plants that arrived or are expected in this week to give you the best selection to choose from:
- Japanese Maples – Fireglow, Shaina, Coral Bark, Orangeola, Viridis
- Boxwood - Green Mountain Pom Poms & Baby Jade
- Picturata Aucuba
- Coral Drift Rose
- Miss Molly Butterfly Bush
- Soft Caress Mahonia
- Purple Diamond Loropetalum
- Japanese Yews – Densiformis & Hicks
- Agaves, Yuccas & Old Mexico Prickly Pear
- Orange Rocket Barberry
- Desert Willow
- Vitex (Texas Lilac)
- Meyers Lemon
- Arapaho & Apache Blackberry
- Crape Myrtles - Pixie White, Orlando, Delta Blush, Baton Rouge, Houston, Sacramento
- Dwarf Hameln Grass
- Blush Pink Nandina
- Fresh Herbs & Citronella Geraniums
- Texas Tough Perennials & Natives – Henry Duelberg Salvia, Katie Ruellia, Coreopsis, Skullcap, Coneflowers, Hosta, Daylily, Hardy Hibiscus, Coral Bells, Oxalis, Jr. Walker Low Catmint, Frog Fruit, Shasta Daisy, and more
- A giant selection of gorgeous annual flowers & foliage plants in all colors and sizes to brighten your flower beds and containers – Angel Wing Begonia, Dahlberg Daisy, Persian Shield, Butterfly Weed, Snow Princess Alyssum, Candletrees, Marigolds, Zinnias, Celosia, Impatiens, Angelonia, Coleus, Jams & Jellies Vinca and lots more. Annuals add the wow to your landscape and containers!
Enjoy our everyday special on 1-gallon size annuals & perennials
Buy 10 for $80 (Reg. price $9.99 each so it's like getting 2 free)
Go to our Available Stock List for all of the trees, shrubs, vines, and ornamental grasses we have in stock. List includes sizes, prices and new arrivals for your convenience. See our Planting Advice and Articles section for helpful planting tips and check us out on Facebook to see lots of pictures of what's in stock.
|Summer Classes for Kids & Grownups
We've put together a great line up of classes and workshops for kids and grownups this summer. The first class for "grownups" is on Saturday, June 3rd.
Join us to learn about beautiful Crape Myrtles, the pride of Texas and one of the longest bloomers in our area. We'll have many on display, from weepers that can be used as ground cover or in containers, to various dwarf shrub varieties and, of course, the intermediate to tall tree-form crapes. We'll share helpful tips on selecting and maintaining the right crape myrtles for your space and answer your questions about growing crape myrtles.
Our Kids in the Garden Series gives kids (ages 5-10) a fun way to get their hands dirty while learning about gardening. For only $5 per class, each child can participate in these workshops and take home plants to nurture and grow.
We'll begin our Kids in the Garden Series on June 17th with Miniature Gardens Part I where kids will paint a fairytale cottage and a garden stone that will be centerpieces in the miniature garden they will plant in Miniature Gardens Part II on June 24th. Space is limited and pre-registration/pre-payment is required for kids classes so call 972-475-5888 Ext. 2 today.
See Summer 2017 Classes and Events for details on all of our summer classes/workshops for kids and grownups, and sign up now if pre-registration is required so you don't miss out on all of the fun!
|Plant of the Week - Vitex
Vitex is a rugged, easy to grow plant that tolerates our hot, dry summer weather very well, and most have magnificent blue-violet flower spikes that bloom off and on throughout the summer season. Vitex can be used as a large shrub or a small accent tree, and as it matures, the unique structure of the branches adds lots of interest to the landscape.
Also called Texas lilac or Chaste tree, Vitex grow best in full sun and well-drained soil, and once established, they require very little maintenance. They are also very disease resistant and perfect for attracting butterflies, bees, hummingbirds and other pollinators to your garden. We currently have Shoal Creek, Delta Blues and Dwarf Blue Puffball Vitex in stock.
|Azaleas, Supertunias, Select Trees, Fruit & More on Sale
- Select Trees just reduced 50% - See them outside the Half Price House… Hurry in for best selection!
- All Azaleas – Now 25% Off
- Supertunias (1 gal/reg. $9.99) now only $7.88 each or 10 for $50
- New Gold Lantana & Caladiums (1 gal/reg. $9.99) – Now only $4.88
- Fruit Trees (including citrus, blue & black berries, grapes) – Now 20-50% Off (See Edibles Section of our Available Stock List for varieties on sale)
- Pecan Trees – 20% Off
- Last call for 4" Tomato, cantaloupe, squash & watermelon – Only $1
- Red, Variegated, & Pendula Soft Leaf Yucca (3 gal) – 50% Off
- Horsetail Reed - 50% Off
- Select Texas Mountain Laurels– 20-50% Off
- Thousands of bargains in our freshly stocked Half Price House Just look for the yellow tags for 1/2 price plants!
Look at our Available Stock List often for all of our sale plants. Whether you are creating new landscape beds, updating existing landscape, or simply adding trees for future shade, you will find a huge variety of plants at great prices at Covington's!
specializes in diagnosing and solving
plant problems. You may be experiencing
these same issues, so we want to
share Burton’s advice.
Please bring actual bugs or plants
or photos showing the problem when
you come to get your gardening
This week we're talking about ridding your lawn of nutsedge.
Q: My St. Augustine lawn is being overrun by nutgrass. What can I use to get rid of it?
Spray our Bonide Sedge Ender or Hi-Yield Nutsedge & Horsetail Control when nutsedge is actively growing, generally from the middle of May through September.
Follow the instructions on the product label for the most effective application rate and procedure.
Our Webletter to a Friend!
you, our regular readers, know,
the Webletter we send out weekly
is filled with helpful information
about planting in North Texas,
as well as our latest specials.
But if you have
a friend who's enthusiastic
a beautiful yard and seeing
the best of the new material
as soon as it arrives, recommend
our Webletter to them!
They'll see that it's also
filled with pictures taken
here at the nursery, usually
in the same week the article
is published, of the newest trees,
shrubs, and flowers as they
come in. Why settle for generalized
pictures of a common shrub
when you can see the very
plants we have available, right now?
Nursery & Landscape
Covington's Nursery you'll
find: 18 acres and 28 greenhouses,
2 ponds, trees, shrubs, vines,
ground covers, annual and perennial
color, pottery, fountains,
and a gift shop. We're open
7 days a week to serve you.
for a vast selection of quality
plants to choose from (18 acres!),
and the knowledge & service
to help you with your landscaping
needs. Email Covington's --
You can also Share
this Page with a Friend.
In This Issue...
Feed your flowers with Covington's Premium Flower & Garden Fertilizer to promote blooming!
May is a great month for gardening and getting your landscape looking pretty for all the upcoming graduation parties, cookouts, and pool parties. Check out our May Gardening Tips for helpful information on what to plant, prune, fertilize and more. Then get out and make the most of this fine Spring weather.
A book that provides pictures and descriptions of all the top plants that are best suited and most recommended for North Texas.
Become a Covington's Club Member
Become a member to receive 10% off all regular priced merchandise for 2 years. You'll also receive our newsletter, full of seasonal information, helpful gardening tips and valuable monthly discount coupons in your mailbox! See Discounts & Savings to see how easy it is to become a Club Member.
can check availability
of our plant material
online at your convenience!
Stock (PDF) list is
updated several times a week
and it includes a special "Half
Price" section with
beautiful plants at greatly
The inventory list has pricing
and container sizes listed
alphabetically by plant type.
Sign Up Today!